Bangkok — The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is still on track with the 2015 global marketing activities with travel trade events and road shows in the pipeline between now and December in a bid to maintain tourist confidence and strengthen the image of Thailand as a top tourist destination.
“As the government body tasked with the mission to promote Thailand to potential visitors worldwide while also supporting the development of the country’s tourism industry, we are determined to continue with the arrangement for Thailand’s participation in major international travel trade events and for the country’s strategic travel showcase through road shows in key target markets,” said Mrs. Juthaporn Rerngronasa, TAT’s acting governor and deputy governor for international marketing (Europe, Africa, Middle East and Americas).
Between now and December, TAT has scheduled to participate in 18 travel trade events and activities in more than 20 countries, including:
- PATA Travel Mart 2015, India, 6-8 September
- OTDYKH Leisure 2015, Russia, from 15-18 September
- Astana Leisure 2015, Kazakhstan, from 24-26 September
- JATA Tourism Expo Japan 2015, Japan, from 24-27 September
- International Golf Travel Mart 2015, Spain, from 5-8 October
- ITB Asia 2015, Singapore, from 21-23 Octobe
- Nordic and Scandinavian-Pre WTM, Denmark/Norway/Sweden, 27-29 October
- World Travel Market 2015, UK, from 2-5 November
- China International Travel Mart 2015, China, from 13-15 November,
- International Luxury Travel Market 2015, France, 30 November – 3 December
TAT is also heading with the plan to stage road shows in potential markets.
Domestically, all events are also to be held as scheduled. They include the Health and Wellness Tourism Showcase 2015, Sept 14-17. There will be many activities; such as the Trade Conference and Business Matching meeting on Sept. 14 in Bangkok. The Educational Tour and Fam Trip, Sept. 15-17, will highlight venues in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. In addition, events that TAT is supporting remain as scheduled.